|Title:||The Beckoning Calico Cat Case|
(Maneki Mikeneko no Jiken)
|Original airdate:||September 20, 2014 (Part 1)|
September 27, 2014 (Part 2)
|Manga source:||Volume 82 - Files 4~7 (865-868)|
Shougo Amesawa, Teishi Masuko, Mutsumi Shagawa (Case 1)
|Case solved by:||
Rei Furuya (x1) Three different people have come forward claiming Taii belongs to them. Now it's up to the group to determine who is telling the truth.Conan Edogawa (x2)
|Next Conan's Hint:||Wrapping (Part 1)|
Refrigerator (Part 2)
|Prev episode:||The Man Betrayed by the Sea|
|Next episode:||The Blind Spot in the Share House|
Three different people have come forward claiming Taii belongs to them. Now it's up to the group to determine who is telling the truth.
- Mutsumi claims that her granddaughter's cat had stitches and they couldn't take off the dressing bandages until a week later after a castration operation.
- Goro ignores Mutsumi after she calls for him and Goro goes towards Kogoro instead.
- Teishi started sneezing when Goro was held near him.
- Teishi claims that his deceased wife's cat had to wear something that looked like a parabolic antenna after its castration operation.
- Both Goro and Taii leap immediately into Shougo's arms upon seeing him and act really energetic. When Conan has Shougo do the open door test much later, Taii ignores him completely.
- Shougo seems to have doubts about Taii being his cat when Conan claims Taii is a girl. The Detective Boys then correct Conan and say Taii is a boy, after which Shougo tells Conan not to confuse him.
Teishi is Taii's real owner. Conan and Amuro explain that Mutsumi's granddaughter's cat is female and therefore isn't Taii. They point out that the operation the granddaughter's cat went into was spaying, not castration. Shougo had put catnip in his clothing to attempt to get Taii to like him, but it wore off. When Teishi does Conan's door test, Taii looks directly at him and pays attention because Taii recognized the sound of Teishi's footsteps.
Mutsumi was trying to get Taii because her granddaughter's cat went missing and Mutsumi had looked all over her house for it but had no luck. Shougo was trying to get money by selling Taii away, knowing that male calico cats are extremely rare.
Case 2: Teishi Masuko's Accident (Part 2)Edit
After unlocking the door, Conan runs into the bedroom to find Teishi barely breathing after apparently falling off a chair and hitting his head while fixing a light, but something doesn't seem quite right...