Relationship analysis Edit
Ran is Shinichi's childhood friend and love interest. They have known each other since as early as kindergarten and had been playmates since then, which caused some censure from Eri Kisaki.They are very close together, they have even been together as long as the time of children all the way to young adults, they have somewhat of a love-hate relationship before Shinichi 'disappeared', but when Ran meets Conan (who is Shinichi, although she's ignorant of this fact), she tells him that she was in love with Shinichi for a long time- probably ever since they first met, which of course causes Shinichi/Conan to blush like mad.
They are living together with her father, Kogoro Mouri and 'Conan' solves crimes in her father's place without either noticing, making Kogoro a great detective for most of the cases that Shinichi has solved himself. Shinichi has been able to have a great deal of affectionate moments with Ran since becoming Conan, including hugging, holding hands, sitting in her lap (etc.), even sleeping in the same bed and having a bath together once (he had a nose bleed at the last one). While still as Conan, Shinichi is able to keep other guys away from Ran, as seen in episode 6 when he tells a guy to never go near her and at the end discovered the chocolate that Ran had made for the guy was only a chocolate for celebrating Friendship. Shinichi has confessed to Ran in the 4th movie 'Captured In Her Eyes' (which she then mistake as his attempt to get her memory back ; he has also, during a brief return to his true form, canonically planned to propose to her but was interrupted by a case and turned back into Conan before he could. When Shinichi went missing Ran was worried sick (so much that she couldn't even sleep) and was on the verge of going to the police. Although it's dangerous, Shinichi has given her a number to his cell phone for her to call when she wants to speak to him, and, as Conan, uses his bow tie to mimic his real voice and reassure her he's fine. Shinichi doesn't dare tell Ran he's Conan as, until the Black Organisation is stopped, she could be in danger if she knew the truth (though Ran has almost caught on several times in the show)- also although Shinichi does love Ran, he has stopped himself from telling her about his feelings, as then she will miss him even more and he doesn't want to see her cry anymore, even if he is no longer in her heart (it is possible, however, that Shinichi hasn't really thought this last statement through, as even after this he's seen getting jealous and fending off any men who get close to her, proving he clearly _does_ care if someone else is in her heart instead of him).
Despite their obstacles, it is quite obvious that throughout the series Ran and Shinichi (Conan) have a relationship that started as childhood friends but developed into love- however, how long it will take until it is safe for this love to prosper and be openly shown depends on the impending defeat of the Black Organization.
Shinichi/Ran moments Edit
Episode 1 Edit
- When Ran asks Shinichi "But wouldn't you just want one girlfriend" he looks at her with a sort of a romantic look in his Eyes but then he gets caught by her asking "Why are you looking at me like that". Then at tropical land when they are at the mystery coaster Ran asks Shinichi why did he come with her but Shinichi never really gets the chance to tell Ran an answer because she then holds his hand and they fall down into the steep hill where a murder was about to be discovered. After Shinichi solved the case, he leaves Ran to find out what those men dressed in black were up to and leaves her in the middle of tropical land.
- It's Valentine's day tomorrow and a guy who likes Ran asks her to a Valentine's day party. Sonoko accepted it even if Ran didn't want to. Conan sees the whole thing and says at first that he doesn't care at all but his face tells us another thing (he's jealous). Ran asks Sonoko why she didn't ask her first if she also wants to come, Sonoko then tells her that Ran really does like Shinichi and says, "You're going to stay committed to him and reject all the other guys." Ran then yells at her saying, "Don't say stupid things. Who would like that mystery fanatic?" And tells Sonoko that she will come to the party.
- At the agency, Ran is busy making the chocolates. Conan asks her if she will give someone chocolates for Valentine's Day, she tells him that she will. Conan then says blushing, " Shinichi might come back home so..." Then Ran says," Shinichi? Oh yeah, I forgot about him." This made him curious of who she will give it. The next day, Conan hides in the trunk of the car, to follow Ran and determined to know whom the chocolates are for.
- During the party, Conan is waiting outside and mad saying, " What is Ran doing? Looking like she's really having fun." After a while, Conan gets cold and sneezes, Ran then heard him. He got panicked and ran around the bush, so silly. She asks him what he was doing here, it took him a while to answer but then says childishly, "I was on my way to my friend's house but I got lost". They let him in the house and while there, he tries his best to protect Ran from the guy who likes her even if it means kissing and knocking him down . Ran was touched when Conan yelled at the guy saying, "Don't try to get close to Ran-neechan!"
- After the case is solved, Ran and Conan sits on a bench, the guy suddenly pops out and tries to get 'his' chocolate but Ran got mad, frightening him. Conan picked up the chocolate and saw "Shinichi" on the chocolate's card. Ran tells him that he can eat it and Shinichi won't mind and says, " You followed me to protect me right? Thanks a lot." Conan blushes and smiles, they then eat the chocolate together.
On the final scene after the ending song, the senpai confessed to Ran and Sonoko that she was the one who confessed to Shinichi but got rejected. She even spread lies about him so that Shinichi would notice her, but it seems he doesn't care at all. Sonoko asked what charasteristic of Shinichi appealed her and she replied, "Let's see... I didn't really notice it at first. I just thought he was an extraordinary rookie, making the team and becoming mid-fielder in his first year. Then one day, I shared a lemon pie I had made with the soccer club. Everyone said it was really good, but only he said...'Huh? This tastes like crap'." Ran apologized and said, "He just had a weird sense of taste." The senpai told her, "No. It actually tasted bad back then. When I asked the others later, they told me they were just being polite. So, I was mad and I baked a lemon pie everyday...for three months, until he told me it's good. And before I knew it, I was the manager of the soccer club and madly in love with him. Although a certain person here succeeded on her first try." She looked at Ran and Ran asked, "Huh?" She added, "Did you know? I was being mean and gave you the wrong baking instructions." Ran got surprised and said, "What? Why?" She replied, "Jeez. Do you want me to spell it out for you? Do you want to know what he said after I confessed?" Conan's blushing and said, "Um, hey! " Sonoko covered his mouth and demand him to shut up. The senpai continued, "He said shyly, 'Ah, sorry, senpai. I already have someone I've liked since I was little. She's strong-willed and stubborn but cries a lot. She's weird like that.' What do you think?" Sonoko asked," H-Hey, Ran. Isn't that..." Ran said, "I don't remember anyone like that." Sonoko and Conan sighed. This episode means that Shinichi's first love is Ran.
Conan and Kogoro leave Ran and Sonoko together with the the Magic lovers club members. While they're heading back home they listen to the radio and heard the news that related to the club. They hastily went back but they saw the bridge's burning. Conan thought that even the mansion was burning so even though he has a flu he fastly ran to the bridge and shouting," Ran!" Ran heard it and when she goes outside the house, she finds Conan unconscious. Then Conan says before he losses consciousness," Hurry! Ran! run" Ran stays with Conan.
Episode 194-195: The Significant Music BoxEdit
- Conan looks at Ran with a sad face because he left her in the last episode
Episode 228-229: The Murderous Pottery ClassEdit
- Sonoko claims she is making a clay cup for Makoto in her pottery class, so Makoto won't forget her and fall in love with some other woman. This makes Ran worry about Shinichi falling in love with some grieving widow while on a case. Ran decides to attend pottery class to do the same.
- Ran makes a clay cup, and refuses to let anyone see what she wrote on it, despite Sonoko insisting it is for Shinichi.
- Conan, wanting to keep an eye on Ran, sneaks around pottery class, but is caught by Ran and Sonoko. Sonoko accuses Conan on spying on Ran for Shinichi to make sure Ran isn't "cheating" on him. This claim makes Conan irritated and awkward.
- At the end of the case, Sonoko asks Ran if she sent Shinichi the cup, but Ran blushes and claims that it was a failure, and she didn't want to send it. When Conan enters Ran's room shortly after, he sees the cup, and on it painted "Super Stupid Case Fanatic". Conan thinks that this is clearly why she didn't send it but then notices that the bottom of the cup reads: "I'm waiting for you ♥". This causes Conan to turn red in embarrassment, but then he spends the rest of the afternoon so cheerful that Ran and Sonoko comment on his good mood.
Episodes 238-239: The 3 "K's" of Osaka CaseEdit
- Ran asks Ray Curtis, a famous pro soccer goalkeeper, if he could autograph a uniform "To Shinichi". She blushes and denies Ray's question of whether Shinichi is her boyfriend, but Conan, who sees the exchange, blushes anyway at the realization that she remembered Ray was Shinichi's favorite soccer player.
Episodes 255-256:The 14th Round of the Matsue Tamatsukuri Linked VerseEdit
- During a trip to Matsue, Ran and Conan visit a place call mirror pond where it is believed that if someone puts a paper on the pond and it sinks, then the person's lover is somewhere near. Ran tries to replicate the myth with her own slip of paper. As Conan helplessly watches her, stuck waiting for him, he becomes sad and thinks they shouldn't have come.
Episode 263: The Osaka Double Mystery - The Naniwa Swordsman and Toyotomi's CastleEdit
- After Kazuha mentions how much she enjoys seeing the triumphant smile and the gleam in Heiji's eye when he's solved a case, Ran admits that she, too, is happy every time she sees Shinichi's face looking like that.
Episode 268: The Truth Behind Valentine'sEdit
- Ran makes a heart-shaped chocolate for Shinichi for Valentine's Day, but doesn't know when she'll have the chance to see him—and to her, giving a Valentine's chocolate on any other day would be meaningless. Conan surreptitiously sees her crying because she misses Shinichi. After she falls asleep covers her up with a coat and takes a picture of her on his phone, then sends it to her phone to prove that "Shinichi" had been there. He pretends over a phone call via the bow-tie that he ate the chocolate because he was hungry while waiting for her to wake up, supposedly unaware of it's significance. Ran blushes when he compliments the taste, and is happy as they talk.
Episode 270:The Forgotten Memento from the CrimeEdit
- After Takagi mentions that someone stole the files of Kogoro's cases from the police station, Haibara reminds Conan that even though he's worried, he can't tell Ran his true identity. Haibara later says he must be happy to have received Ran's chocolate, assuming Conan told Ran of his feelings. To Haibara's surprise, he says he isn't happy because he hasn't told Ran anything. He explains by saying:
|“||If I said how I feel about her, she would miss me even more... All this time, I've been breaking her heart by keeping her waiting, yet I still can't appear before her eyes. I never want to see her cry anymore, even if it means I no longer exist in her heart. How immature of me, right?||„|
— Conan explaining why he can't confess his feelings to Ran: Episode 270
Episodes 286-288: Shinichi Kudo's New York Case ArcEdit
- Ran has collapsed at a restaurant at the end of the previous episode. Conan, in a panic, rushes over and loudly calls her name without any honorifics. As Conan tries to wake her up, Ran's eyes open a tiny bit and she sees Shinichi's face superimposed over Conan's. Just before she faints, Ran thinks to herself that whenever she was in trouble, he would always come to her rescue.
- In her fever-dreams, Ran remembers the trip to New York she took with Shinichi in their first year of High School. In particular, she remembers how Shinichi tried to reassure her self-doubts after a murderer claimed that Ran enabled her to commit the murder, and how he went off into the rain to find the handkerchief from actress Sharon Vineyard that Ran lost out the window of their taxi. When she tried to follow him, she encountered a serial killer, who seemed inclined to kill her but then fell off the stairwell—and when she instinctively tried to save the man, Shinichi arrived to help her pull him up. Shinichi's answered the man's demand of why they saved him is when Ran realized that the earlier murder wasn't her fault... and when she finally wakes up out of the dreams, she remembers how that night was the night she realized her feelings for Shinichi and how important he is to her.
- When Kogoro asks about Ran's fever-mumblings about "logical mind" and "helping people" (from Shinichi's response to the killer), she blushes and tells Kogoro not to say her "important words" in Kogoro's husky voice. Conan quietly blushes himself.
Episode 309-311: Contact with the Black OrganizationEdit
Conan is very sad that Ran cries because Shinichi is not with her and he wishes that she notices it him
Episode 331 Edit
- In the car Sonoko shows and teases Ran about how short the tennis skirt was, while wearing normal size socks.Ran of course disagreed,and Sonoko told Ran the she was planing to take a picture of Ran with a college male tennis player and send it to Shinichi to make him jealous. Conan ( aka shinichi) knew she would do something like that, but he started blushing because he wanted to see Ran in the short mini skirt.
Episode 188-193: The Desperate Revival SeriesEdit
During the arc, Conan changes back into Shinichi to preserve his identity. He first solves the case at the high school play, where they almost kissed, then takes Ran to a date at an expensive restaurant in attempt to propose to her. Unfortunately, a case occurs at the restaraunt and Shinichi goes off to solve it. Afterwards, the antidote wears off. When Conan tries to explain that Shinichi left, and Ran tries to shut him out, Conan says that Shinichi said to "Wait for me. Even if I die, I'll find a way back to you."
With that, Ran's mood improves, but wonders what Shinichi was going to ask her. Conan blushes and remembers his father proposing to his mother in that restaurant.
In this episode, Kazuha and Heiji are having a showdown on who will solve the case first. Ran asks Conan a favor if he could let Kazuha win and tell them secretly if he saw something since though Kazuha really wanted to go to a Takarazuka with them. Ran asks him again if it's okay, Conan blushes slightly and suprised. Ran then asks, "No good?" Conan blushes even more and now feels sorry for her, but Heiji suddenly comes and takes Conan away.
Episode 411: The Shinto Shrine Torii's Surprising Code (Part 1）
- During Detective Boys' trip on a mountain forest, Conan receives a photo of a woman in a swimsuit from Sonoko. Soon, Conan/Shinichi receives a call from Ran telling him to delete the photo. Sonoko asks Shinichi not to delete it because it is her 'Special Sexy Shot' of Ran. Conan suffers a nose bleed because of this. Conan assures Ran that he will delete it but in reality he immediately saves it. Soon, the Detective Boys ask Haibara to delete it which made Conan rant.
Episode 429: Two People Who Can't Return (Part 2)Edit
- Ran tells Conan that a new transfer student wants to come over. Conan asks why that person want to visit which leaves Ran in a daze. Sonoko teases that Conan is jealous because he thinks Ran is looking for a new guy. When Conan denies it, Sonoko asks if he is planning on telling Shinichi.
- On the way to Gunma Prefecture, Kogorou warns Eisuke not to pass his cold to Ran. Ran assures him that it is okay because she feels warm from hugging Conan, which makes Conan blush.
- Episode 430
- Eisuke slips on the ground and hurts his finger, which worries Ran. As Ran is going to treat his wound, Conan cuts in and heals Eisuke's wound with his saliva. However, Ran persists that Eisuke should use a bandage. The jealous Conan then takes the bandage from Ran and asks Eisuke to do it himself.
Episode 473: Shinichi Kudo's Childhood Adventure (Part 2)Edit
- Conan shares the story of the adventure he and Ran had in the past. While solving the code, Professor Agasa said that he glads seeing Shinichi and Ran hang out together. It has been a while since the two of them getting along. He had not seen those two together which left him in worry because he thought Ran and Shinichi gotten into a fight.
- At the end of their adventure, Shinichi presumed the code means sunset and enjoyed the sunset with Ran. Shinichi mistakenly called Ran by her first name and changed it to 'Mouri' which upset Ran. Ran wanted Shinichi to call her Ran and Shinichi agreed to it.
Episode 490: Heiji Hattori vs. Shinichi Kudo: Deduction battle on the Ski SlopeEdit
- Ran and Shinichi both blush when Sonoko teases them about skiing together.
Episode 508: The Blind Spot in the Karaoke Box (Part 2)Edit
- Eisuke Hondou, after asking if Conan knows how to get in contact with Shinichi, declares that he loves Ran and wants to take her to America, and that he wants to ask Shinichi for his permission to confess his feelings. Conan, with a very serious look, declares that Eisuke is not allowed to.
Episode 521In most of these few episodes, Shinichi was disguised by a criminal who hated him and mistaken him for wrongly solving a murder many years before. During one part, Ran falls off a cliff while searching for Shiragami so he could help bring Shinichi's memories back. Conan, already back in his Shinichi form, disguised as Shiragami to remain hidden and solve the case, saved Ran and helped bandage her up. Later, when the case is solved, and Haibara gave him an antidote so he can remain Shinichi for a bit longer, Ran was about to confess her feelings to him and he to her. However, due to another sudden case, Shinichi had to leave and asked Ran to wait a bit longer, saying, "I'm sure the question you wanted to ask is the same as mine." When he is turning back to Conan, Ran holds his hand and refuses to let him leave again. She was knocked out by his wristwatch and was still holding his hand -Shinichi now as Conan- when she woke up.
Episode 532-535: The Scar that Evokes the PastEdit
- Ran asks Conan to go to the bathroom together since it has been a while since they washed each other's back. Conan becomes embarrassed and said that he did not have any clothes to change. As he was going to accept Ran's offer, Ran already decided not to go.
Episode 554: Stork Mystery TourEdit
- Kogoro and Ran take the Detective Boys to an onsen in Kinosaki, Hyōgo so Conan can heal his sprained ankle. Conan remembers back how he sprained his ankle. While going down the stairs, Conan witnessed Ran and Aradei-sensei having a walk and chatting together. He missed his step and eventually fell from the stairs.
- After meeting with Heiji, Heiji guessed that Conan was paying too much attention to Ran until he sprained his ankle, to which Conan denied in embarrassment.
Episode 576: The Alibi of the Black DressEdit
- Ran and Sonoko go to shop for gothic clothes and drag Kogoro and Conan with them. Despite a murder case, they still decide to dress up together. Ran shows Conan her dress and asks whether it looks weird. Conan instantly turns red and thinks to himself that Ran looks very cute.
Episode 592-593: The Detective Memoir of Monkey and RakeEdit
- Due to a Rooster Day festival love fortune that says to act a 'proper woman' and forgo 'tomboyish' behavior to capture her desired love, Ran decides not to use her karate on two occasions that could defend either herself or other.
- Later, Ran's actual love fortune is revealed when a culprit is about to attack her with a knife. The fortune tells her to stay just as she is to "capture the heart of her brilliant-minded man". After hearing her real fortune, Ran easily takes care of her attacker. Sonoko finds the fortune open and reads it aloud; Conan is seen blushing in the back ground.
Episode 608-609: White Day of BetrayalEdit
- On White Day, Sonoko and Sato expect return chocolates from Makoto and Takagi, but Eri and Ran expect nothing from Kogoro or Shinichi. At a party, Ran's palm is read; she is told that her marriage line is Y-shaped, which means she is not able to bond with Shinichi because of numerous obstacles. However, there is a good chance that they will get reunited at the end of a dramatic event. She tells Ran not to argue too much with Shinichi.
- After the case is over , Ran and Conan are heading home where they see Sato and Eri receiving White Day gifts. Ran tries to not expect anything from Shinichi, but when even Sonoko receives a gift from Makoto, Ran can't help but be disappointed. Conan, seeing her crying, directs her attention to an envelope at the door—to her surprise, there are cough drops from Shinichi with a letter that she sounded a bit sick over the phone so he sent them for her to get better. Ran eats them, happy to have a sign that her feelings were received.
Episode 617: Holmes's Revelation (Love is Zero)Edit
- After calling Shinichi for help with a case, Ran realizes that his previously blasé attitude about her being in London is because he apparently is also in London and didn't tell her. Angry that he didn't tell her, after all the effort she put into wanting to bring him pictures and souvenirs, Ran tracks him down and corners him in a phone booth, not realizing that Conan is the one hiding inside. To keep his identity secret, Conan takes his second temporary antidote and greets her as Shinichi. She tearfully confronts him over his behavior, but when she inadvertently mentions Minerva Glass, Shinichi seems more interested in what she knows about the case. He tells her to calm down, prompting Ran to demand,
|“||If you're a detective, you should be able to deduce what's in my heart! Idiot!||„|
— Ran to Shinchi, for not figuring out why she was sad and angry, Episode 617.
Episode 621: Holmes's Revelation (Zero is Start)Edit
- Shinichi chases Ran as she runs away, still crying, and catches up to her under the Big Ben. In answer to her previous confession, he declares:
|“||You're a tough, troublesome case, you know! With all these distracting emotions... Even if I were Holmes it'd still be impossible to figure out! The heart of a woman whom one loves... How can anyone accurately deduce that?||„|
— Shinichi's confession, Episode 621.
Episode 625-626:The Screaming Operation RoomEdit
- Sonoko, hearing from Ran that Shinichi confessed to her, thinks that under the circumstances of the situation Ran forced him to confess, and that because she didn't tell him she loved him too Shinichi probably thinks she rejected him. Conan hears Sonoko and thinks to himself, with a blush, that he knows Ran loves him because of the way she made him confess in return.
- when they enter the haunted house, Ran hold conan in her arms tightly from being scared.
Episode 646-647:Deduction Showdown at the Haunted HotelEdit
- When Sonoko asks Ran whether she gives yet the answer to Shinichi's confession in London, Ran becomes shy saying that she feels uneasy talking to Shinichi directly. Much to Sonoko's annoyance, Sonoko tells that Shinichi might be depressed thinking Ran already has someone else in her heart and cries until his tears are used up. Conan said to himself that he is not like that.
- When a pervert touched Sonoko's butt, Ran mistaken the guy in the blue hat as a pervert. She apologizes to that guy and he forgives her saying she is his type. Conan becomes panic. After hearing that the guy is also heading to Haido Hotel, Conan though to himself that he better not making that up.
Episode 648-650:The Case of the Besieged Detective AgencyEdit
- At Professor Agasa's they saw Ran with a guy they don't know. They are unsure if that guy is actually a girl or not. Haibara asks Conan to check it out after watching Conan's worried face.
Considering May 4th is Shinichi's birthday, Ran went out with Sonoko to buy him a gift. On the phone, she asked Shinichi(Conan) what color he prefer most: red or blue, and Shinichi answered red which excites Ran. She planned on inviting Shinichi for a movie the night before his birthday, and with Moriya Teiji knowing about this, he decided to bomb the whole place aiming for Shinichi. Inside the movie hall, Ran was trapped inside the collapsing building due to the numerous bombs placed, which alerted Conan and hurriedly went inside to try to save her. He called to the telephone inside the main lobby where Ran is, using Shinichi's voice and asked Ran if there's anything suspicious inside. She found a bomb and Conan instructed her to disconnect the wires, which left them with the red and blue wire. Seeing they weren't in the manual, Conan came into conclusion that she should cut the red one, which is Ran's favorite color. Ran hesitates of cutting the wire, but Conan responds by saying "Don't worry, I'll stay here until you cut it. If we die, we die together." Very few seconds were remaining until midnight and a rescuer dragged Conan away, only the time when he realized he instructed Ran to cut the wire that will detonate the bomb. What's strange is the bomb didn't go off even when time's up, and Conan discovered Ran has cut the blue wire. At the end when Conan asked why, Ran told him that color red is her and Shinichi's lucky color and cutting the red wire means cutting off their relationship.
Inside the Aquarium-like building, a bomb goes off which blows the whole aquarium up. Considering it's in the middle of the sea, water enters the building which leads to drown some of the people targeted. On the surface, Conan noticed Ran was nowhere in sight, so he suspected Ran was in the bottom of the water. He grabbed an empty bottle for air and dived in, and discovers Ran was indeed in the bottom, her foot stuck in a car model which was drowning her. Conan quickly placed the mouth of the bottle into hers to allow her to breathe, and Ran thought it was Shinichi who saved her. When she came to her senses, she realized it was Conan. Conan's foot gets stuck in the car too, and thus he was unable to hold on much longer and fainted. Ran then 'kissed' Conan, resulting to a mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. When Conan wakes, Ran then fainted, so he makes use of Ran's sacrifice that very moment and he managed to remove the car using his belt suspenders. When finally in the surface, Ran thanks Conan, into which Conan blushes.
When the culprit was finally figured out, he grabbed into the weak Ran as hostage and dragged her up in the heliport of the sinking building. The culprit called unto Conan to bring him Shiratori's gun, and even he hesitated, Conan deliberately obeyed. But seeing the scene was exactly when Eri's been held hostage and Kogoro was in decision, Conan understood why he shot Eri's leg. He did the same then, in which he slightly shot Ran's leg in order for the culprit to let go. In the end, Ran also realizes why Kogoro shot Eri's leg is because to save her, not to threaten her. She thought that if Shinichi was in the case, he'll do the same as Conan did. Meanwhile, Conan understood the meaning of the video game he played earlier that he will get to kiss someone, and that was Ran during the mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
The first part of the movie shows the day when Shinichi gets shrunk, in Tropical Land. Before the roller coaster case, Shinichi brought Ran into a plain court in the middle of the park, which was actually a fountain and sprouts after 2 hours. He insisted this is his gift for Ran winning the karate championship, and they had a toast.
During a wedding reception, Ran witnessed Sato got shot multiple times and happen to see the culprit's face. Due to shock and belief she's the one who did it, she fainted. When she woke up, everyone discovered she has an amnesia, which worried Conan the most. Suspecting that the culprit was coming after her because of the fact she saw his face, Conan gets over-protective of Ran. There are times that the culprit tried to kill Ran by pushing her in the railway with a train fast approaching, but Conan always comes into rescue.
When Ran and family decided to go to Tropical Land in order to gain memories, they refused to tell Conan(who was busy solving the case). Shinichi's image keep appearing in Ran's mind, but still doesn't remember who he is. When they thought they have captured the culprit, Kogoro and Takagi(who was protecting Ran) left, leaving the real culprit still targeting her. When Conan discovers about it, the culprit was in the threshold of killing even those innocent people, so he tried his best to save her and bring her to a deserted place inside the park to avoid these killings. When Ran asks why did Conan keeps protecting her, Conan didn't hesitate to reply "Because I love you. I love you more than anyone else in this world.", which confuses Ran. In the end, when Ran's memories have returned, she told Conan that she weren't suited for him because she's older. As Conan tried to counter, Ran thought he must've said such things to help her return her memories back, because of the time Eri told them how Kogoro proposed to her, saying the same things Conan said.
When the Twin Towers' Tower A was on fire, Conan, Ran and company were left in the 60th floor and wait for their turn for the elevator. When it's their turn already, Conan noticed Gin was aiming for Sonoko(who he mistook for Shiho) in a building apart from them. Gin misses, but he hits the controls that manipulates the elevator, which made it stop. They managed to get out, but they were stuck in the floor where the fire's coming. Sonoko and the others managed to get to Tower B, leaving Ran and Conan in Tower A because the bridges were bombed (by the Black Organization). Seeing there's no way to get out, and Conan's suffocating in the smoke, Ran decides to go 'bungee jumping' to the lower floors to escape. But Ran was shivering--this will be the first time she'll do it. But she says this isn't the right time for her to die yet, because she promised she'll wait for Shinichi until he comes back. Conan agrees, convincing her she could do it. They jumped and managed to escape the raging fire, and this amazes Conan.
When Conan discovered the Detective Boys were still stuck and the culprit was still in the 6oth floor, he returned there to save them. He then discovers there were numerous bombs planted on the said floor and risked to use a car model to escape from it. He called unto Inspector Megure and Ran took the phone, worried about him, but Conan responds by "Don't worry, I'll come back to you.", saying he'll fulfill his promise that he will not die and he will return to Ran.
Throughout the whole game, Ran keeps thinking about Shinichi, knowing they were inside Shinichi's dreamland: Old-Century London. Mixed characters were also in the game, including Shinichi's famous idol Sherlock Holmes and London's serial killer Jack the Ripper. Ran recalls something that Shinichi said to her while in Tropical Land, something that will play a big role in solving the case. When only Conan and Ran were left to save the other children trapped in the game, Ran sacrificed herself by jumping in a cliff from the train which kills Jack the Ripper as well, remembering the thing Shinichi told her. Conan was very affected by what Ran did, but thinking giving up will not be the solution, he and the remaining character(who is actually the Noah's Ark) managed to stop the running train and therefore saving everyone who were 'Game Over'. At the end, Conan asked why Ran did such reckless thing, and Ran replied by saying Shinichi's words to her.
Movie 7EditThis movie is mostly about Heiji's first love, but there's also a little moment of Shinichi and Ran. At one part of the movie, Conan looks at the full moon and smiles, which confuses Heiji and causes him to ask him what's wrong. Conan recalls a memory of when Shinichi and Ran were supposed to meet for a date, and he ended up forgetting which caused him to be two hours late. However, when he decided to find Ran at their promised place, Ran's expression was relieved, rather than angry. This causes Heiji to suggest that that was the moment he realized Ran was his true love, in which he says no, and looks at Ran while thinking, "I knew she wasn't /just/ my childhood friend way before that." Later, Ran's running toward a temple, and some guards came walking in her direction. Then, some one grabbed Ran and covered her mouth, whispering," Don't move!" Ran did so and after it was revealed that it was Shinichi who grabbed her. Ran exclaims his name in relief, in which he smiles and says, "You have the same expression...Like last time." When he decided to knock her out with his wristwatch –causing her to fall into his arms– he was already beginning to turn back into Conan, and he hugged her to him tightly.
Movie 8 Edit
Conan, Ran, Sonoko and the Detective Boys decided to play hide-and-seek in the midst of the voyage of the ship Aphrodite. Ran, considering very good in this game, was very difficult to be found. Conan compliments her by saying "Since we were kids, Ran has an unusual amount of stamina." After the case of the missing Sonoko, Ran tells her a story of her and Shinichi's childhood regarding the Hide-and-Seek game. When they were in first grade, Ran was always been very difficult to find during the game, and states that only Shinichi can find her. Like the time she was stuck in a storage in their school's gym and everyone gives up to find her, only Shinichi was the one who knows where she is. Ran states that Shinichi was always looking after her, and Shinichi blushed, opposing he was blushing only because of the sunset.
When the ship was in the threshold of sinking, Ran returns to her hiding place to find the 'medal' the Detective Boys made for her, but gets stuck. Conan however returned to the sinking ship too, saying he had this uneasy feeling that if he doesn't come back, he will lose something(someone) very important to him. Mistaking it for the unsolved case, Haibara thought it was something related to Ran. After the case was solved, Conan's uneasy feeling still hasn't left him, and he suddenly thought of Ran. There he discovered Ran was still left behind the ship, and he and Kogoro tried to find her. Knowing information of Ran's hiding place, he suspected she was hidden in one of the floors of the ship. He managed to save her, but when the rescue helicopter off-balanced, Conan was kicked back to the ship. Ran then saved him, by the 'medal' the Detective Boys made. In the end, Sonoko never thought Conan can also find Ran, knowing only Shinichi can do so.
The client discovered that one of the detectives he hired was Shinichi Kudo because of his fingerprints. He threatens that if Shinichi (Conan) doesn't solve the case, he will detonate the bombs placed on his friends' IDs including Ran's. Conan, using Shinichi's voice, begged the client to release Ran and the other's IDs, promising he will definitely solve the case. The client asks how much it is to suffer just to save the one he loved, knowing Shinichi and Ran's relationship. Conan left Ran to Haibara's care, warning her everything that can make the bomb detonate. In the end, Ran and the others never discovered all about the case and the bombs, but it was all because of Conan that everyone were saved. Heiji even teased him that Conan will heal his fracture best if Ran carries him.
Movie 11EditConan heard from Haibara that she saw a speedboat with some bloody person over it in which the both of them thought may be Ran. Conan, obviously worried, hurriedly gets to the hospital and discovered it wasn't Ran after all, which he sighed in relief.
When Ran and Sonoko were kidnapped by the treasure hunters and were brought to the cave where Anne and Mary's 'treasures' were, Conan decided to solve the case and save them himself. Ran and Sonoko managed to fight with the treasure hunters by performing Anne Bonnie and Mary Read's style of fighting, but were stopped when one of the hunters had a gun and aimed it to Ran. Conan managed to arrive on time and kicked a soccer ball towards the hunter, knocking him out. But a sudden earthquake occurred, which leads the cave to slowly collapse and they get stuck. Conan thought of an idea to use the methane gas surrounding them to create an explosion to escape themselves from the cave. Conan gave Ran and Sonoko Dr. Agasa's mini oxygen tank to allow them to breathe, but when Ran asked Conan how about him, Conan lied he has a spare one. Ran suddenly thought of a memory of Shinichi. When Conan managed to have the cave explode, he wasn't able to breathe due to the gas and water and leads him unconscious. Then he realized he can breathe, when he woke up and realized Ran allows him to use the oxygen tank instead of her. After they were rescued, Conan asks Ran how'd she knew he was lying, and Ran replied of the memory she had with Shinichi, when Shinichi lied he had a spare umbrella and gave Ran his. Ran just saw that face in Conan's, and that made Conan blush.
When the concert hall's outer poles were being bombed, Conan first thought of Ran being safe. Around with Reiko Akiniwa, inside the helicopter along with Officers Takagi and Satou, Conan asked if Ran is safe. They haven't been able to contact anyone inside the concert hall because of the restriction of cell phones, but Reiko confirmed everyone inside were still safe considering the whole building is sound and bulletproof. When they all managed to enter the concert hall, Conan stares at Ran saying "Wait for me, Ran." Knowing it'll only be a few minutes before the interior of the hall explodes, Conan managed to solve the case with the help of Reiko. Reiko however interfered with the Maestro's piano by singing the song "Amazing Grace", in which Ran remembered the time she and Shinichi were walking home from school and they heard the similar song and voice. Ran realizes it was Reiko after all. In the end, when everyone were saved, Ran heard a distant playing of violin of the song "Amazing Grace" and finds it. Expecting she'll find Shinichi, she instead found Conan holding a violin and saying Shinichi did come but left after playing the instrument. When Conan asked how'd Ran knew it was Shinichi playing the violin, Ran replied by saying "Because Shinichi have a weird way of playing the violin". Afterwards Conan was seen playing the violin again, trying to find out what 'weird way' Ran is referring to.
When Irish's in the verge of harassing Conan, Ran comes into rescue. Irish brought a gun and aimed at her, but Ran is convinced she could dodge the bullet because she remembers Shinichi saying something regarding this. Irish did targeted Ran and fortunately, she was able to dodge it, and the both of them have their 'karate showdown'. When Ran is winning, she suddenly gets bothered because of Irish's disguise wearing out, and he used this as an opportunity to beat Ran. When he is about to hit her one last time, Conan, using Shinichi's voice, yelled "Hang in there, Ran!" and lured Irish away from her. After the confrontation with the Black Organization and everything were solved, Ran was being tended and Conan approached her. He asks if she's okay, and that Shinichi suddenly remembered he has another case to attend to that's why he left. Ran seems to be fine with it, because she was used to Shinichi suddenly leaving without telling her.
Ran, finds out that Kaito Kid is onboard with them and is disguising as one of the staff, but in order to get away, he convinces Ran he was actually Shinichi all the time. She believes him however, but still gets confused. In the end, Conan finds Ran nowhere in sight and asked Sonoko where she is. Haibara replied she went up to see Kid, much into Conan's shock. However, Ran 'did' came up to see Kid, who was busy checking the jewel. Ran suddenly hugged him, saying "A thief's still a thief, you shouldn't be doing this. Please turn around, Shinichi. Let me see you." Kid, seeing Ran was really motivated to see Shinichi in him, turned around and said, "If you give me the treasure I wanted most, I will turn myself to the police." What Kid really meant is a kiss. When their two lips were about to touch, Ran suspected Kid was actually not Shinichi, and Conan suddenly came, seeing what they did. Conan gets angry and ran over Kid, who gave his kiss on Ran's hand and admitted he was really a thief, and a thief's job is to steal even a person's heart. Kid managed to escape just before Conan approaches him. He gets curious when Ran says "He did 'that' to me"(remembers that Kid tried to grope her when they were going to kiss) and "Shinichi would never do that to me". The film ends with Conan desperately trying to figure out what it was.
Clips are often re-used between openings - only the first instance will be mentioned. Clip shows of episodes mentioned above are omitted.
- Ran nearly falls to her death, but Conan manages to save her and then smiles in relief.
- Ran tightly hugs Conan from behind, and his shocked expression is mirrored by the background image of Shinichi's face.
- When Ran answers the phone, she starts to cry from relief, and continues to look worried as Conan talks to her via his bowtie as Shinichi.
- Ran is taken hostage by the "faceless culprit", but Conan frees her by kicking a soccer ball in the culprit's face.
- The image of Shinichi and Conan on opposite sides of a mirror zooms out to reveal Ran illuminated only by the glowing mirror, which she clasps in her hands against her chest.
- Ran runs after Shinichi, who is standing with his back to her in the distance, but is interrupted by the appearance of Conan running toward her. He trips, and she catches him in her arms and then smiles toward where Shinichi had been, with Shinichi's face in the background.
- Ran kneels in the rain in front of newly-shrunken Conan, with Shinichi's house in the background, and reaches out as if to touch Conan's face.
- While talking with their friends at school, Ran and Conan each look up as if aware of each other, despite the distance between then.
- A vortex pulls Ran and Conan apart, even as they reach and call out for each other.
- A photograph of Shinichi drifts down to overlap with a photograph of Ran; they both react with surprise at seeing each other.
- Shinichi's hand tightens around Ran's, which she remembers alone on a bench with a melancholy smile as she holds the hand to her chest, and Shinichi recalls alone on a street at night and leans against the wall in frustration.
- Conan reaches out and calls for a melancholy Ran as she is moved away from him. He continues to run after, and turns into Shinichi calling and reaching for her.
- Ran turns to see Conan and happily goes to meet him. Conan has removed his glasses and bowtie when she kneels down in front of him, but to his surprise she replaces the glasses and smiles at him.
- Conan runs through a maze of stairs look for Ran, only to trip and fall when he turns and sees her standing below, but she raises her arms with a smile to catch him.
- Ran and Shinichi meet on a beach, and Shinichi says something with a soft, fond expression.
- Conan runs through Tropical Land and spots Ran riding the Ferris wheel alone, in the clothes she wore on the day Shinichi shrank. She glances at the empty spot beside her sadly.
- At night, surrounded by fireflies, Shinichi carries Ran as she sleeps. When she wakes up, he smiles at her.
- Ran leans against a wall in her room, talking with Shinichi on his cellphone. Rather than him walking through the streets like she imagines, however, it's Conan on his bowtie in the other room, leaning against the same wall.
- Conan "wakes" from the memory of how he shrank to see Ran smiling at him, holding his hand as they walk to her home from Agasa's, as in Episode 2.
- Ran runs through falling autumn leaves after Shinichi, but he vanishes into thin air as she tries to hug him. Her disappointment is interrupted by Conan, who smiles at her.
- Conan meets up with Ran as the sky finally clears of rain and smiles. Shinichi is shown between them as they look at each other.
- At a train station with Kogoro and Kazuha, Ran gets a surprise call from Shinichi, and blushes when Kazuha notices. At the other end, Conan uses his bowtie to talk as Shinichi, than stops at Heiji's teasing grin and turn around with a faint blush.
- Conan runs off, and when Ran reaches after him she's reminded of how Shinichi similarly went off and then disappeared.
- Ran smiles as she speaks to Shinichi on the phone, who is actually Conan with his bowtie.
- Back-to-back, Ran and Conan watch shooting stars fall and then glance over at each other and smile.
- Shinichi and Ran stand beneath Big Ben in London, as seen in Episodes 616 and 621 . Conan appears in the sky above, watching.
- Conan and Ran have tea in London with just the two of them.
- Standing at the edge of a field, Ran loses her hat to the wind and runs after it. When she realizes that it came to rest at Shinichi's feet, she smiles, and although by the time she reaches him he's become Conan, they smile at each other as he offers her hat back.
- A framed photograph of Ran and Shinichi together in their high school uniforms sits on Ran's desk.
- Shinichi and Ran watch the sunset together, surrounded by cherry trees.
- Ran stands in the falling snow outside Shinichi's house, looking melancholy, but her face lights up when someone unseen covers her head with an umbrella. Ran falls asleep writing in her diary about the incident, with the aforementioned photograph beside her. The last image is Conan alone, holding the closed umbrella across his shoulders and smiling.
- Shinichi's face is covered by a hand, but vanishes from beneath it. The hand is revealed to be Ran's, and she hugs it close to her chest, looking vulnerable and sad.
- Ran and Shinichi are spotlit amid darkness, walking sadly in opposite directions. Ran abruptly stops and turns as if called, and sees Shinichi smiling at her for a moment before he turns into Conan, still smiling.
- A montage of photographs show Ran smiling and blushing faintly when she sees Shinichi fall asleep in class, and she holds onto Shinichi's arm at a skating rink. Shinichi and Ran pose together in a park, but as the scene turns into a photo Shinichi turns into Conan standing beside Ran.
- A red shroud covering Conan is blown off by the wind, allowing Ran to see him, and she smiles; in the background behind Conan as they face each other, Shinichi's face fades in with a soft smile of his own.
- Ran turns around to see Shinichi as the Knight from the play. He removes the helmet to give her a smile. She runs toward him with a delighted look, but then runs right through him - when she turns around, Conan stands in Shinichi's place and smiles.
- Young Shinichi helps young Ran get the momentum up for a bike that she can pedal on her own, then jumps onto the back; later young Ran admires young Shinichi as he practices juggling his soccer ball.
- Ran walks alone through the falling snow, until she sees Conan. The smile at each other, with Shinichi in the background.
- Ran sits on a swing with a daisy, pulling petals in the classic 'he loves me, he loves me not' manner. On the last petal, she looks disappointed, but suddenly Conan presents a full bouquet of daisies with a smile.
- Ran stands in the falling snow, and Shinichi appears with an umbrella. She smiles, and covers his hand with hers to help hold the umbrella. As they walk through the street, she pulls herself closer in toward Shinichi, so that it covers both of them better. Shinichi looks surprised for a moment, then smiles at her.
- Ran sits in her room at night, looking at her phone, while Conan sits against a building elsewhere in the city. Conan's bow-tie turns into a butterfly and flies toward the Agency with him chasing after it. As the sun rises, the butterfly alights on Ran's open phone and reverts back to being a bow-tie just as the picture Shinichi took of her when he picked up her Valentine's chocolate shows up on the phone's screen.
- Ran dreams of running through a large hall, chasing after the shadow of Shinichi. She finds him hiding behind a large Ace of Spades, and silhouetted behind the card Shinichi offers his hand, which Ran takes.
- Ran finds a bottle washed up on the beach. When she opens it, a fairy turn into Conan and offers her his hand. Together, they fly off on the magic skateboard toward the moon.
- All text on this page is taken from Detective Conan World Wiki.